History of Peace River Packing
Peace River Packing Company was founded in 1928 when a group of Fort Meade citrus growers decided to pool their resources and build a packinghouse of their own. Over the past 90 years, Peace River has carried on and persevered through many challenges to become a critical component of the local economy.
From our humble beginnings as a small wood-frame packinghouse built on land leased from the railroad, Peace River slowly grew, adding capacity and technology to keep up with crop volume. Today, Peace River is a model of modern citrus packing efficiency with high-speed electronic fruit graders, automated bagging machines, a massive multilevel cooler, and a professional and highly dedicated team of employees.